Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hey Mom, lawn ornaments!

     Okay, it's been too long in between posts. I'm getting adjusted to how my schedule with school and everything else, so this also means I'm working on how to fit in blogging. We just got back from hiking Waldo Canyon with Peter and Becki, who are here for the week. We had a great time with Grandpa and Grandma Paige; an answer to prayer for this visit was that they found a house! Pray that the rest of the moving process continues smoothly, and praise God for His provision! Katie and I are finally getting used to the new school environment, although there are always new, difficult, or exciting things going on. On Thursday, I found out that I have made varsity for the soccer team! Our first scrimmage against another school is tomorrow; the first official match is Thursday. Katie has played her first two softball games that have included some great hits! I'm enjoying the challenge of Physics, Spanish II is getting better, Anatomy & Physiology is off to a good start, and FST (Functions, Statistics, and Trigonometry) is good when I know what I'm doing. (Which fortunately is happening right now!)
      Tomorrow is the beginning of my AP Language & Comp. class. I'd appreciate prayer for the adding in of another class with a large amount of homework, and that I'd be trusting God with all the details of my schedule and time management. The past two weeks, we've visited Pulpit Rock Church and gotten to know a family there. Our crew has gone to their house to swim twice, and yesterday, during the drive, the kids noticed some "lawn ornaments" that you would only see out west. These were just in a person's yard in the neighborhood. So... after you finish this post, check out the new photos to see what is keeping you in suspense. And yes, it is all real.
     Tonight is dinner out at The Mason Jar restaurant. I'm looking forward to some cornbread muffins and home-style cookin'! We're getting ready to go now, so I'll have to end this post for now. (But not before I post those pictures!) Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment