Monday, August 15, 2011

Downtown and back to school shopping...

      I can't believe it's that time already, but school is upon us. In our last day of summer break, Katie, Christie and I went to do some back to school shopping; for some fun (no, clothes shopping does't fall into that category!) Grandpa, Rachel, and the three of us took a jaunt to downtown Colorado Springs. We took a stroll down Tejon Street, looking for the crêperie that we had found with Chris, Susie, and Amy, when we first moved out here. To my horror, dismay, and perturbation, they are closed on Mondays. All the dreams of sweet, warm crêpes filled with Nutella, dark chocolate, and whipped cream, vanished from my heart. So, instead, we enjoyed some delicious subs at the Jimmy Johns a few blocks away. I put up a few pictures, too.
    This afternoon, Katie and I have tryouts for softball and soccer, which means I have some more running to look forward to! I feel a huge difference in my lung function compared to last Monday, so it should all be good.
     As the last hours of summer freedom wave farewell, slipping over the mountains to join the sun in the distant horizon, a moment of reflection brings contentment from all the memories. Reading outside with the warm sun above, blue skies on a hike, vistas from the Peak or another mountain trail, hours of strumming away on the guitar, serving on the hottest week of the summer at Camp Ray Bird, visiting with best friends and family, growing closer to God and one other as a family, and all the rest of the parts that have made this time what it was - it has been an incredible summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment