Saturday, July 16, 2011

Weekend Update

     It's been since Wednesday morning that I've posted anything, and that one didn't tell you much. So...
Wednesday night (or was it Thursday morning?), Mom got home safely, albeit late, due to inclement weather that made national news. Blake Dias also got in that night, and we've had a lot of fun doing hiking and other things around the Springs with him. In fact, if I had not waited a few minutes to write this post, I might have damaged my keyboard with a slight shower of sweat... he and I just went on a run, and we threw in a sprint at the end there. Thursday, we (Blake, Elissa, Katie, and I) went to Palmer Lake, where Katie and I were nearly driven mad by the seemingly infinite supply of flies that wanted to eat us as they persisted in landing on us. The high points of the hike were seeing a beaver and a chipmunk who wanted to run around us while we ate lunch. I named him Douglas, a rather proper English name. I might not be able to get those pictures up soon, unless Elissa is able to do so, because.......... TODAY IS THE DAY! Katie and I are leaving for the airport a little before 2:00, and we should arrive in Indy shortly after 9:00 tonight (as will Blake and his brother, Seth, who also happened to be in Denver and on the same flight as us!). I can't wait to see many of you at church tomorrow, and then it will be off to Camp Ray Bird for the week. We'll stick around until Wednesday the 27th, before flying back with our grandparents. We're packed, primed, and rarin' to go (after a farewell hike to Colorado with the family this morning).   :)  I'll have to give Dad the crash course on posting here on the blog, otherwise, you might see no activity until I get back.
     Last night, Katie, Christie, and I went to the last evening of the Desperation Conference, put on by New Life and the Desperation band. It was like a mini-Passion conference, and was packed with a few thousand teens and adults. It was a neat time of worship through song, prayer, and teaching.
     Next week: one of Christie's best friends and her mom are coming out. Needless to say, she's excited about that. (Wait a minute... WHY do we even say it if it's needless to say?! It's a self-contradiction!! Thank you for humoring me and putting up with my humor.) Please be praying for our time at Camp Ray Bird, (South Bend, Indiana) as we will be serving as camp counselors for inner-city kids who otherwise would not get this kind of experience. Pray for the preparing of their hearts, and that we would show God's love toward them as we lead.
    Signing off....

No comments:

Post a Comment