Friday, July 8, 2011

Rocky Mountain Adventure, Pt. 1

     Ahhhh... finally, some time to sit down and write. Our grand adventure into the mountains began with an eventful three hour drive on Thursday night. Almost there, we encountered some of the infamous mountain weather- treacherous lightning, rain, and the aftermath of a hail storm. Upon our arrival in Fraser, Colorado, we had scant ten minutes to unload the whole van, and we did it.
     Today, our next exciting experience was at the Sombrero Stables, where Dad, Elissa, Katie, Christie, Luke, Becca, Anna, and I went for a two hour trail ride in the mountains. I had Tanto- the "airiest" horse on this side of the Ohio river. What he eats to produce that effect, I have no idea. The views from the hills over the lake were incredible, and God held off the rain (the clouds were very dark and threatening).
       This afternoon, some of us went to the pool (part of the fitness center, 5 minutes away) and then Dad, Christie, and I went to play racquetball this evening after dinner.
       When I have enough energy (it's time to hit hit the hay!)I'll see how many pictures I can get up from Thursday's hike (from Elissa's camera) at Palmer Park (yeah, it's a city park!), today's horse ride, and tomorrow's hike... all dependent on how fast our internet connection is. If I can't get it to work, then they'll be up by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment