Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend News

Our adventures continued on Friday with a trip to Pike's Peak. We piled into the van and drove to the summit- 14,110 ft above sea level. Visit the Photos page to see some of what we experienced- but pictures just can't do it justice. That night, I had the unexpected surprise of getting to play with the school's varsity baseball team. I might think it was a dream, but the bruise on my arm from that 0-2 fastball reminds me that it was, in fact, real. Saturday, some of the older crew took a hike on the Palmer Trail; there were some sweet hills and boulders that were climbed. Unfortunately, we had to let Grandpa, Chris, Susie, and Amy (shout out to my travel buddy!) leave for Indy and the Amazon. We had a great week with ya'll, and wish you were still with us, exploring Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment