Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I didn't post an update this weekend, so now is as good a time as any...

Exciting News From Last Week:

Friday morning, Dad, Mom, and I drove to the DMV. I took the driver's license test...
... and passed! That is a huge burden lifted from Mom, as I can now drive Katie and myself
and from school. So, Friday afternoon, Katie and I took the maiden voyage without an adult
 in the car. And I'm here to tell about it! ;)

Saturday, the healthy members of the family drove to Wal-Mart to do our annual Operation Christmas
Child shoebox shopping. A neat thing about this year is the option to track your box. That way, we'll be able to find what country our gift goes to!

Today, Katie and I did not have to go to DCC for school, as we have the entire week off from school! But, we do have some work from home, and the other kids will have school through tomorrow. Grandpa and Grandma Paige arrive on Wednesday for Thanksgiving! We'll also celebrate an early Christmas with them, as they'll be spending the official Christmastime in Florida while we're in Indy.

So, have a Happy Thanksgiving!  Salvation; freedom to worship God in this country; family; friends; the Church body; and the provision of shelter, food, and modern medicine are just a few things we have to be grateful for. May you take this time to thank our Heavenly Father for all that we have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment